Planning a golf vacation and unsure if you should rent clubs when you arrive or have your clubs shipped ahead of time? There are several reasons why you might want to try shipping your clubs with Ship Sticks. Ship Sticks can save you a lot of hassle, time and money when it comes to transporting your golf bag. It’s a very simple process that allows you to spend more time on the course and less at baggage claim.
Whether it’s a short getaway to Myrtle Beach, or a trip across the pond, golf and travel enthusiasts spend a considerable amount of time planning the details of their trip. Where will you play? How long will your stay be? Will you be staying at a golf resort or a nearby hotel? Is there a shuttle, or will you need to rent a car? These are all important questions to ask yourself, but perhaps the most important question to consider is whether you should rent a set of golf clubs or bring your own.
Both renting and having to bring your clubs on the plane can present challenges. Rentals might be expensive, particularly if you are playing more than one course. Golf enthusiasts also know rentals are not going to be tailored to your personal swing. There is also no guarantee the course will have sticks available on they day of your tee time. When faced with having to check your golf clubs with the airline, you’re exposing yourself to excess or oversized baggage fees which airlines continue to raise. You’re also spending precious time at baggage claim which could be better spent on the course.
There is another option. If you prefer to play with your own set of sticks, but don’t want the inconvenience of lugging your golf clubs through the crowded airport, you can ship them with ahead of time Ship Sticks. The service ships your clubs wherever you’re staying or playing so you can travel hassle free.
When You Should Consider Shipping Golf Clubs
Ask any avid golfer and they’ll tell you they’d prefer to play with their own clubs versus using a rental set. Below are some other reasons to ship your clubs with Ship Sticks:
- Your clubs are custom fitted: If your clubs are customized for height, grip, or swing speed, you’ll want to have them in hand for your golf getaway. Rental sets are typically not available in custom sizes, which could lead to a poor round of golf with clubs that don’t fit your game.
- There are no clubs to rent: Not all golf courses offer club rentals; something you should double-check before leaving without your bag. The problem becomes even bigger when you play left-handed, as lefty rental sets are even harder to come by and could be even more hodgepodge than the other rental sets.
- You’re on a strict budget: In addition to getting your own clubs in your hands, shipping your golf clubs may help you save money. Rental clubs at some of the top courses can cost considerably more than the price to ship your own. Club rental fees can sometimes exceed $100 for 18-holes. That’s before you purchase your green fees, a sleeve of balls, or a souvenir.
Shipping Your Golf Clubs with Ship Sticks
When it comes to most golf trips, shipping your clubs with Ship Sticks is the easiest, most hassle-free option. Ship Sticks ensures your golf clubs arrive to your destination on time. Every order comes with complimentary insurance and an on-time guarantee. You even have the ability to track your clubs as they make their way to your destination.
Using the services from Ship Sticks is extremely easy and convenient. Simply follow the four-step process:
- Schedule your shipment: Provide the pickup and delivery locations and basic contact information. Then, select your bag size, dates and service level and place your order. All of this can be completed in a couple of minutes by visiting www.shipsticks.com/ship.
- Print your shipping label: You’ll receive a confirmation email with your tracking number and barcoded shipping label. Simply print the label and follow the instructions to securely pack and label your golf clubs.
- Prepare for Pickup or Drop-off: When scheduling your shipment, you have the option to drop off your clubs at a local carrier store or have them picked up from the address of your choice.
- Your Clubs Arrive: Ship Sticks will monitor your delivery and send you a confirmation when they deliver, giving you the peace of mind that your clubs are awaiting your arrival.
When You Might Want to Rent Golf Clubs
Here are a few things to consider if you’re wanting to rent golf clubs on your next getaway:
- You aren’t attached to your clubs: Perhaps you enjoy the game of golf, but don’t take it too seriously. For you, most golf trips are a chance to spend some time with your friends and not so much about how you play. You probably don’t have fitted clubs or are just picking up the game.
- It’s golf specific trip: Golf may or may not be on the itinerary. If you do play, it might be an “emergency 9” snuck in between other activities.
- You don’t have any clubs: If you don’t own a set of sticks, you obviously can’t ship them, so renting is your only option.
Shipping your clubs with Ship Sticks makes your travels easier and more enjoyable, without costing you a fortune. As you begin to plan your next golf trip, contact Ship Sticks and let us take care of getting your clubs to your destination.